DoneDeal and other classifieds thread.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think they'd be able to tell it was ported at all, it's a change to the intake and exhaust ports in the engine, they're slightly bigger and only a rotary expert could tell. Ask @RichieDC, @Bra

Porting technically from an insurance stand point is "modifying the car" , however I believe there is a line in there somewhere "parts replaced for upkeep and maintenance of the vehicle with oem or al

Not being sexist (I don't think), but all the 'one lady owner' cars I saw in my purchasing experience either had low compression or no idea what compression is, which tended to put me off as a 'discer

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

jp I did not see the sills but I still think it would be worth looking into as Enda has sold quite a few rx8s and Marcin the guy that rebuilds the rx8 engines here in Sligo is just next door with a rotary compression tester.:)
So it should be a well sorted PZ for someone that is looking for one and I have seen it around Sligo and it looked well:)

• 2 weeks later...

Ice man I thought you would have been sorted by now. You must be about a year on the hunt??

I take it you are talking about currency

When you pay for vrt and ferry and petrol hotel etc the price of your rx8 will fairly add up. If you go down north of course the related charges will not be as bad but you would still be better off staying in Ireland as if you will do your homework correctly you  will have just as good a car for a  lot less.

I imported one recently from England but I had different reasons. And even with currency equal i'd be well down

Any harm asking you what kind of cash you intend on splashing?

On 7/7/2016 at 4:18 PM, Dara Burke said:

https://www.donedeal.ie/carparts-for-sale/rx7/12225927

Does anyone know anything about this engine or the guy who built it? Seems relatively cheap for a motor complete with turbos. I'm assuming its been rebuilt with 120psi compression figures.

Don't know the engine or seller but it may or may not be rebuilt as some original engines can still have those levels of compression if they've been minded. Ask the seller sure or if they don't know then look around for obvious signs of rebuilds like silicone in non-factory (grey IIRC) colour, etc.

On 7/7/2016 at 10:23 PM, Aido 8 said:

I'm always sad to a see a member's car up for sale :(. Good luck with the sale Alan :)

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mazda-rx8-231bhp/12768592

That looks veeeeerrry minty! B)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Aldo, Ye needed a bigger car for a bit so got jeep but selling it now so on lookout again.

Thanks for advice re UK will give it a miss. Sounded like a lot of hassle anyway and plenty of good examples here. I find the nice ones such as Alan's are pricy because they have been so well looked after and a lot of € put into them. I am not willing to go above the 4K tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4k could give you a car possibly as good as a 08,meaning if you contacted shadow rotary they could source you a rx8 of your choice with a good body and rebuild it for you. This way you will have a fairly new RX8 in good condition nct ready with a new engine(warranty) new ignition system then the likes of your motor mounts , oil cooler lines brakes etc etc, checked and have a car with trouble free motoring for quite some time.

BTW if you go down the rebuild route which I have do look into porting with the rebuild as it is well worth the extra cashB) You wont regret it ;)

Thanks Aldo that sounds like a very good idea. I did contact them before to ask if they have any rx8's at the time but did not. But maybe if I'm more specific around how much I have to spend and what I wanted it might help. Will look into the porting also as to the benefits. But have no doubt it's worth the investment!

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

Thanks Aldo that sounds like a very good idea. I did contact them before to ask if they have any rx8's at the time but did not. But maybe if I'm more specific around how much I have to spend and what I wanted it might help. Will look into the porting also as to the benefits. But have no doubt it's worth the investment!

I know it's 05 but seems to be in good nick, nice interior and plenty of budget left for engine shenanigans ;)