My Single Turbo Adventure...

Ok So My Waterseals Gave Up On Me Two Weeks Ago,Bummer! But While Its Being Rebuilt Im Gonna Bite The Bullet Its Gonna Be Streetported And An Uprated Fuel System Will Be Installed Also A V-Mount Setup Will Be Installed And A Single Turbo Also 8) The Turbo Im Going For Is A Garrett Gt3540r, Which After Many Hours Of Deliberation And Hasseling Carl Hayward, Seems To Be The Option For Me. Its The Same Turbo As Shane Went For(Hopefully Ill Have More Luck With It!) The V-mount Setup Ill Be Going For Has Been Developed By Hayward(So Not Too Shabby) Ill Be Heading Over Saturday Morning,And I Have Her Ready To Go Already... zhfk.jpg Also Im Gonna Have My Apexi Twin Intake For Sale,Hardpipes,Filters The Lot When I Get Her Back. Lookin For 120 Of Your Finest European Dollars For Them.They Are Only A Month And A Half Old, Just Fitted Them When I Got The Car Mapped In Feb. Oh Yeah What Ye Think Of My New Wing? ...I Like(In Borats Voice) Thanks John :smt023 Any Who My Hand Hurts From Typing So, There Will Be Updates Shortly, Gluck!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well thanks to your post about your Insurance quote yesterday, you have inadvertently saved me lots of Time/money!!  As such I would like to pass some of my savings on to you...   That bumper minus(mi

How's tricks lads?   Bit of an update..  Managed to pass the NCT after the tester couldn't fit into the bucket seat.. thanks to Eoin from shadow rotary for the loan of his seats!  

Oh I Got It Alright, All I Can Say Is Top Job :-D I Couldnt Of Asked For A Neater Job... Heres A Before And After.... Before: After :-D :-D :-D : And A Few More.... Had A Sweet Ass Drive Ba

Posted Images

Hard luck on the water seals...how many miles were on the engine? New setup sounds good!! :D What sort of power are you looking for?
Theres About 69000 On Her. At The Mapping I Had Good Even Comp Results, Damn Engine Leading Me Into A False Sense Of Security :evil: Looking For 380-400 rwhp,Fingers Crossed...

good lad . single turbo is the way to go. will be an interesting race between the 2 of use with the same set up 8) when you hoping to have it back? and hopefully you will have some luck with the turbo. im on my 3rd one now in under 2000 miles lol :lol:

Thanks Lads. Hopefully It Will Be Ready In 4-6 Weeks Time... Carl Will Be Sourcing All Of The Parts From His Suppliers, So It All Depends On How Efficient His Suppliers Are... @ Wozza, I Found The Car Very Hard To Start In The Week Leading Up To The Failure,It Would Turn Over For About 4/5 Secs Then Fire Up On One Rotor,Then After About 10/15 Secs The Second Rotor Would Fire Up Id Leave Her Heat Up Then Bring Her Out. One Day My Temp Started Rising Rapidly In Town And By The Time I Got It Off The Road Had Risen To 105c On The Pfc Commander :shock: No Sign Of Leaks But All Of A Sudden I Got A Facefull Of Steam From The White Expansion Tank In Front Of The Front Drivers Wheel,Filled Her Up With Water And Limped Home. The Next day I Done The Champagne Test And It Failed Miserably,So She Hasnt Moved For Two Weeks, When I Started It To Drive It Up On The Trailer There Was White Smoke Every Where And My Yard Sounded Like The Gaza Strip With The Amount Of Backfiring Going On, I Even Had A Few Concerned Neighbours Round To See If I Was Ok :lol: Hopefully Ill Get A Few Nice Pics From Carls Place Tomorrow... Peace Out John

• 3 months later...

Hey, A Little Update.... I was On The Phone To Carl Today And The Block Is Back In The Car :-D Just The Ancillaries Left To Fit. So Ill Be Collecting Her Next Saturday, The Excitement Is Building... Nearly 4 Months Of Driving A Van/Jeep Only Is Taking Its Toll On My Sanity :smt119 And Ive Missed Out On A Fair Few Meets And Track days Too :cry: I Cant Bloody Wait To Get Her Back, Cos Theres An Absolute Mountain Of Parts Scattered Round My House Waiting To Go On :lol: Now Off To Book A Flight And A Ferry :smt040 As Quagmire From Family Guy says,"ALRIGHT!"

Thanks man, Yeah He Will Be Mapping It For The Run In Period, Then Im Going Back For A Day And He Will Put His Final Map On It after The Run In Period. The Champagne Test Is Basically To See If Your Water Seals Are Leaking i.e. Leaving Exhaust Gas Into The Coolant. You Can See This By Cutting The Top Off A Bottle and Putting It Upside Down(Like A Funnel)Into The Rad Filler Neck, Sealing Around The Neck And Starting The Engine. If Your Seals Are Fcked Like Mine There Will Be Water Gushing Into The Bottle And A Smell Of Noxious Death(Exhaust Gas) :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
did ya get it ehh ehh did ya ????????????
Oh I Got It Alright, All I Can Say Is Top Job :-D I Couldnt Of Asked For A Neater Job... Heres A Before And After.... Before: DSC00810.jpg After :-D :-D :-D : DSC01093.jpg And A Few More.... DSC01084.jpgDSC01085.jpgDSC01086.jpgDSC01087.jpgDSC01088.jpg Had A Sweet Ass Drive Back To Holyhead, The A5 Is Savage. Took a Few Snaps..... DSC01073.jpgDSC01075.jpg Forgot My Satnav Holder Thing So I Improvised... DSC01079.jpg Cable Ties Are Mans Best Friend :lol: The Drive Home Went Flawlessly Until I Pulled In For a Cup Of Tea and Noticed Smoke From The Turbo!!! After Much Swearing To Myself I Found It Was Just A Bad Oil Feed Seal Leaking A Small amount Of Oil Onto The Hotside Of The Turbo And Smoking Like A Cu^t. DSC01092.jpg Replaced With A Copper Washer And Its 100%. Got Home Yesterday And Went About Putting Some Parts Onto Her: New Re-Amemiya Ad-9 Bonnet:(Fits 100%) DSC01082.jpgDSC01081.jpg Sparco Circut Pro Seats: DSC01090.jpgDSC01091.jpgDSC01097-1.jpg Bit Of a Tight Fit... DSC01098-1.jpg Loads More To Go On To Her :D When I Was In Carls A Nice Man Offered To Take Me For A Spin In His Fd With More Or Less The Exact Spec As Mine,But Just Had Its Final Mapping .....He Scared The Absolute Bejesus Out Of Me :-D All In All A Savage Weekend But The Only Sleep I Got Since 2:30am Saturday Morning Was 3 Hours On The Ferry I Just Couldnt Bring Myself To Sleep Knowing That She Was Outside :lol: